Documentation submitted as evidence of a medical disability or physical disability must be current (within 3 years). All documentation must be provided by a professional who is qualified and appropriately licensed to diagnose such disorders. Appropriate professionals can complete Disability Documentation Form and/or send supplementary documentation including the following information:
1. Documentation supporting the medical/physical disability should include a specific diagnosis based upon established clinical criteria; as well as the nature of impairment caused by the condition.
2. Documentation should include pertinent history related to the medical/physical disability.
3. Documentation should include specific recommendation(s) for accommodation(s) that are necessary due to the condition (i.e., dorm accommodation, classroom accommodation, etc.).
4. Data that supports the request for each particular accommodation sought by the student.
5. Documentation for conditions that are transitory in nature, should include information regarding prognosis for improvement and the timeline for re-evaluation. Due to the transitory nature of many medical/physical disabilities, annual re-evaluations are usually required.